Reasons to penalize or disqualify a runner:
- runners not running in the order agreed on and required by the race rules (60 minute penalization)
- runner not sticking to the race course (penalization based on organizer discretion)
- runner not sticking to the race course and taking a shortcut (disqualification)
- runner not visibly marked or wearing safety elements during the designated time (60 minute penalization)
- runner not carrying a working mobile phone (60 minutes)
- runner losing the relay strap (120 minutes)
- handing off relay strap outside the area designated by the organizer (120 minutes)
- accompanying cars not visibly marked (30 minutes)
- more team cars at the handoff point than allowed; team cars staying at the handoff point longer than allowed (30 minutes)
- team member/s not following the organizer’s instructions at the time and place the race is held (120 minutes)
- runners causing pollution and throwing out garbage in undesignated areas (30 minutes)
- incorrect/inconsiderate parking at the handoff point (30 minutes)
- violating other race rules (penalization based on organizer discretion)
- team not making it to a handoff point or the finish line within the designated time (disqualification)
Race participants may report violations of the race rules as well, right after noticing them. However, they need to prove it (photo, video, etc.).
The race organizer shall assess the seriousness of such violation.
When disqualified, a team cannot claim a refund of the starting fee.